4th ANNUAL PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
OF THE MERCHANTS ASSOCIATION OF LOS ALCAZARES (A.C.L.A.)
IN COLLABORATION WITH THE CITY HALL OF LOS ALCÁZARES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Residents of the Spanish territory may participate in the contest. Up to 3 photographs may be submitted per person. The photographs must be unedited.
2. Two formats have been established:
A) Photographs of los Alcázares: vertical, in color, for possible publication in the A.C.L.A. commercial guide. 2009/10. They may be analog or digital and must be unretouched. The topic for this format will be “TRIBUTE TO THE CANARY OR DATE PALM TREE IN LOS ALCÁZARES”.
The dimensions of the photos will be 15 x 20
B) Photographs of los Alcázares: May be vertical or horizontal, in color or black and white. In this format the topic is free choice. The dimensions of the photos will be 15 x 20.
3. The photgraphs must come printed on photographic paper and mounted on black poster board with a 2-cm. border around the photograph.
4. Each work should be submitted in a closed envelope with information about the photographer, including name, telephone, image title and the format submitted. They should be submitted to the Merchants Association of Los Alcázares or sent by mail to:
A.C.L.A.5. The deadline for reception of photographs is April 1, 2009.
C/ Fuster, 63
30710 Los Alcázares (MURCIA)
Format A: publication in 10,000 copies of the A.C.L.A. Commercial and Services Guide of 2009/10 and €400
Format B: a prize of €200 donated by Los Alcázares City Hall.
7. An exhibition of the selected photographs will be held in the open spaces of Los Alcázares City Hall from April 17 to May 8.
8. The judging team will be composed of a member of the Board of Directors of the Merchants Association of los Alcázares, a recognized photographer and a member of the City Corporation. Awarding of prizes and the inauguration of the exhibition will be on April 17, 2009. Decisions will be final and will be announced at the time of the inauguration of the exhibition.
9. All unawarded photographs may be retrieved at the Merchants Association for 15 days after the end of the exhibition. After this time, unclaimed photgraphs will become the property of the A.C.L.A. and of Los Alcázares City Hall, along with rights to their exhibition, reproduction and use.
10. Winning photographers freely grant rights of reproduction and editing of their photographs to the A.C.L.A and to Los Alcázares City Hall. Winning photographs remain the property of the Merchants Association of Los Alcázares.
11. The Association and Los Alcázares City Hall will treat all received work with as much care as possible, however will not be responsible for misplacement, deterioration or accidents that may occur.
12. Participation in this contest assumes acceptance of these terms and conditions.